DAY 21 - INTO THE BLUENESS

What is Color Poetry?
Color Poems:
Use descriptions, nouns, experiences, and the five senses to express feelings about one or more colors. Color Poems can be any length, usually do not rhyme, and can contain similes.


INTO THE BLUENESS

Blue, you've been my color since the beginning. 

I'm drawn to your deep blue shadows gracefully 

reclining on January snow, your purply-blue violets 

sprouting in new spring grass, the wise blue-gray eyes 

of my mother, the blue serge uniform I wore 

at Catholic school, skirt hiked up an inch or two 

to show off my legs, blue-petaled cornflowers 

in Grandma's garden, my intensely dark-blue 

lapis pendant, sky blue water, blue denim, 

shiny blue buttons. I've always liked you best, blue. 

It's extraordinary how you fill a space 

with your dedicated fragments of heaven.


-marianne mcnamara


..comments welcome..



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

222. CHANGES

157. HAPPY. BIRTHDAY