DAY 28 - CENTO POEM, FROM HERE TO THERE

 

CENTO POEM: A cento is a poem constructed entirely from lines or phrases borrowed from other poets, acting as a patchwork or collage of existing literature to create a new piece.

A cento can range from a few lines to a long poem, sometimes taking only one line from a variety of sources.Cite the original authors. 


FROM HERE TO THERE [28]

So early it's still almost dark out.

I was going to write a poem,

I made a pie instead.

I'll get back to the poem.

Are we out of coffee?

You never know what is enough

unless you know 

what is more than enough.

The mantle clock that 

was my grandfather's

has stopped at 9:20; 

we haven't had time

to get it repaired.

In a poem we can do 

anything we want.


-- comments welcome --


------------------------

ORIGINAL AUTHORS:

"So early it's still almost dark out."

Happiness, by Raymond Carver


"I was going to write a poem,

I made a pie instead."    

The Poet’s Occasional Alternative, 

By Grace Haley


"I'll get back to the poem."

I Stop Writing the Poem, by Tess Gallagher


"Are we out of coffee?"

Afraid So, by Jeanne Marie Beaumont


"You never know what is enough

unless you know 

what is more than enough."

Proverbs of Hell, by William Blake


"The mantle clock that was my grandfather's

has stopped at 9:20; we haven't had time

to get it repaired."

In the Middle, by Barbara Crooker


"Where do we go from here?"

The Three Kings, by Muriel Spark


"In a poem we can do 

anything we want."

Since You Asked by Lawrence Raab








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

222. CHANGES

157. HAPPY. BIRTHDAY