DAY 48 - EARLY DECEMBER 2005
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
March 05, 2026
[48/365]
EARLY DECEMBER 2005
Dad was in a nursing home, terminal cancer,
me at his bedside, holding his hand. He’d doze,
we’d talk, share a few treasured stories.
His favorite big band music played softly,
“We’ll Meet Again,” Vera Lynn’s voice comforting.
I apologized for careless words spoken over the years.
He did the same, observing how silly it had been.
Sharing his last hours in that sacred space was a gift.
I didn’t want to leave; I wanted to hold onto him
for as long as I could. Always there for me, my hero,
he died twenty long years ago. When I miss him now,
I play that same song, feel that hushed moment.
Life has gone on, but it lacks some of it’s sparkle…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6NMMEQSdbk
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment