DAY 60 - Hot Night Small Town 1964
HOT NIGHT SMALL TOWN 1964
I remember a crazy wild
summer night in my hometown,
air heavy with the smell
of June roses and burning rubber,
speeding down a lonesome
two-lane highway,
cigarette smoke stinging
his steel blue eyes, me
blowing bubblegum-bubbles,
white lines flying past
faster than falling in love
when you're seventeen.
Notes:
I confess that I tend to get stuck in the 60s.
I love the music, and I love my memories.
At the time, it was hard finding my way.
But looking back, it all seems sweet and lovely.
Pipeline by The Chantays, 1963
summer night in my hometown,
air heavy with the smell
of June roses and burning rubber,
speeding down a lonesome
two-lane highway,
cigarette smoke stinging
his steel blue eyes, me
blowing bubblegum-bubbles,
white lines flying past
faster than falling in love
when you're seventeen.
Notes:
I confess that I tend to get stuck in the 60s.
I love the music, and I love my memories.
At the time, it was hard finding my way.
But looking back, it all seems sweet and lovely.
Pipeline by The Chantays, 1963
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7c2ZKamzS4
Comments
Post a Comment