206. I LOVE

206.


I LOVE

Let me tell you what I love:

I love the color blue and ice cream,

Christmas music and moonlight.

I love the oak tree in our backyard, 

sturdy giant watching over me 

through every season

Not many can boast of such a friend.

I love the lilies of the valley & hosta 

transplanted long ago from my mother's garden. 

She's gone now but I always think of her 

when they return in the spring.

I love this house, where our babies were started,

 nurtured and adored on every level. 

Grown now, I love them desperately. 

Two granddaughters who bring so much joy. 

And finally, my husband, beside me now,

love of my life since we were nineteen. 

Him, I can’t imagine living this life without. 



*comments welcome



In the end, it is who we love, the connections, that defines our lives,


 You tell me what you love and I'll tell you what I love.

(my version of you show me yours and I'll show you mine)

Our deepest, darkest secrets, ideas, vulnerabilities.

I don't have too many secrets.  I've lived my life without too many regrets

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

222. CHANGES

157. HAPPY. BIRTHDAY